Otter is a working-class trans woman, an author and grassroots community organiser.
News and updates
- Beyond Visibility: 31.03.2021 – online. Sometimes visibility isn’t enough. During these intense times, solidarity has never been more important. For this Trans Day of Visibility, along with aequa, I’ll be organising this solidarity event to write to trans folk in prisons. Sign up or get more details here.
- Imagining Trans Feminist Futures. 28.04.2021 – online. Sign up or get more details here.
- 11.01.21 – Anarchist studies blog posted this interview this week. We discuss writing, science fiction, politics and class.
- 24.11.20 – I recently spoke on this beautifully organised panel about queer and trans activism. I hope you enjoy it.
- 22.11.20 – My new shop is open! Thanks so much to everyone who helped me to pull it together. Also, check out the very cute new holiday cards I made with Anja Van Geert!
Kes/Otter is best known for her transfeminist speculative fiction novels centring marginalised experiences in powerful, deeply diverse resistance movements.
Kes is a community organiser with aequa – a community for social equity working on mutual support, collective empowerment and collaborative action in Berlin, Germany
As a trans woman and an ecologist, Otter has written extensively about queerness in non-human nature. There’s something about knowing that there are lesbian lizards in the world and orgies of gay manatees and polyamorous oystercatchers and trans clownfish and bisexual red deer and masturbating baboons and kissing zebras that just gives her hope.
Articles and interviews