The new Flamingo edition of Queer Animals is now available from the web store!
€1 or £1 from the sale of each copy of the Flamingo edition will be donated to Solidarity Apothecary, materially supporting revolutionary struggles and communities with plant medicines to strengthen collective autonomy, self-defence and resilience to climate change, capitalism and state violence.
Lesbian lizards, gay giraffes, bisexual red deer and sex-changing clownfish. This colouring book celebrates the diversity of animals and the ways in which our beautiful queer communities exist far beyond the realms of human culture.
So many of us grew up with wildlife programmes and school biology classes that never once mention these aspects of life on Earth. A male meets a female, seduces her with his bright feathers or funky dance and they very quickly mate – and that’s it. The implication has always been that that the whole point of life is to make little baby animals and there is nothing in the great natural world that might challenge the cis-het norms of biologists.
This entertaining and educational resource, created by trans woman and ecologist Kes Otter Lieffe, and richly illustrated by Anja Van Geert, liberates this knowledge and helps free us all to be our true selves.
Queer Animals has an Instagram!
- The zine is currently being featured in the Swiss Natural History Museum in a Queer Ecology exhibit !
- Queer Animals zine and holiday cards are now available from Solidarity Apothecary! A donation from every sale goes to support the Apothecary’s crucial work.
- Queer Animals ist jetzt erhältlich bei Trans*fabel in Berlin!
- Working in collaboration with Books Beyond Bars UK, for every two copies of the zine that were pre-ordered, we sent a solidarity copy to a queer/trans person in prison. – thank you to everyone who pre-ordered!
- We made Queer Animal Holiday cards!