Story-telling for Engagement – 4 part course
An audio and live-group course to help you tell the story of your work.
- Scholarships: A 50% discount is available for those who need it (just get in touch for the discount code)
- Patreon supporters: People supporting me on Patreon (5 EUR or more) get a 30% discount (again, just get in touch for the code)
- Income from courses like this goes directly to my living needs. I also want this work to be as financially accessible as possible so please don’t be shy about asking for a discount if you need it
A story can take many forms. It might be an about page on your website, a mobilising speech given to supporters, or the images, photos and videos you choose to represent your work. Creating your own story gives direction and orientation. It brings meaning to your work, it can quicken our audience’s hearts and invite them in to find out what happens next.
But sometimes we simply forget to tell our stories. We get so caught up in the day-to-day tasks that we forget that people outside of our organisation don’t really know what we do or why we do it. But stories are the life force of how we understand the world and our place in it – facts are important, certainly, but meaning is often what really motivates us.
In this course I offer a route through the waters of narrative, guiding you towards the story you want to tell. I’ll help you use some classic narrative devices – building a plot, show-don’t tell, writing for your audience and choosing your frame – to create a story that enthrals and sparks action in others.
Here is what you’ll get as part of this course:
- Self study materials – a 30 page pdf workbook and audio recordings to work through the material by yourself or with a friend at any time
- The chance to connect with other students and create study pairs or groups
- Monthly open office hours online to explore your story together with myself and other course participants
- The possibility to book in a 1 to 1 with me to work deeper on your story
- Easy to follow step-by-step guidance on how to tell the story of your project, small business or organisation